New Holstein Utilities is seeking a Lineman Journey Level at New Holstein Public Utilities, our municipally owned and operated electric, water, and sanitary utility. New Holstein is a quaint city in the southern portion of Calumet County with a population of 3,100 along State Hwy 57. New Holstein Utilities serves 2,700 customers in the city of New Holstein and surrounding Townships. This job opportunity will provide experience working on many aspects of the power grid including overhead, underground, sub-stations, and metering.
This is a skilled position in the construction and maintenance of the municipal electric distribution system. Most of the work is performed in the field with some duties performed in the office. Reports to the Electric Operations Supervisor for daily assignments and field work activities.
- Keep track of materials on each job and do the proper paperwork.
- Install and remove overhead and underground wires secondary, and primary.
- Install overhead and underground equipment.
- Termination of underground cable and equipment.
- Install streetlights and related equipment along with setting poles, anchors/guys, and tree trimming.
- Perform trouble shooting and repairs on the overhead and underground electrical system.
- Maintenance of substation equipment.
- Operate and maintain backhoes, bucket trucks, pickups, compressors, trenchers, thumper, and related power equipment associated with the job.
- Make sure that the trucks are cleaned out and ready for the next day.
- Occasionally read meters and assist the water crew as needed.
- Working in unfavorable weather conditions, lifting, and carrying heavy objects.
- Must have knowledge of and be familiar with layout of the electrical distribution system.
- Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to communicate and maintain a good working relation with customers, the public, superiors, and fellow employees.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems
- Ability to climb poles and work with high tension wires, exercising proper safety precautions.
- Skills in the operation of the equipment, tools, and testing equipment.
- Ability to read and analyze technical procedures.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as related to the electrical utility.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge and experience with personal computers.
- Must be able to report for duty within 30 minutes for stand by and call out situations.
Certificates, Licenses, and special requirements
- High school diploma or GED and completion of the nine-month Power Distribution program or the equivalent combination of education and experience providing the knowledge’s, abilities, and skills listed above
- Journey Line worker Certification.
- Valid Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License - class A.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
- Employment is subject to background check and post-hire physical examination.
The wage range for this position is $43.00 - $46.00 per hour, depending on experience. New Holstein Utilities also offers an exceptional benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance stand-by pay with two-hour minimum call in, double pay on Sundays and holidays as well as enrollment in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Team members also enjoy paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, professional development opportunities, a flexible and employee-friendly work environment, and more.
Applications and/or resumes (with cover letters) should be addressed to: General Manager, New Holstein Utilities, 2110 Washington Street, New Holstein WI 53061, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on tabs below for information.
New Holstein Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer