New Holstein Utilities is taking proactive steps in an attempt to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to protect the general public and our employees from being infected by the virus. The steps are the result of proven strategy in an attempt to reduce the spread of the virus.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, customers will have to conduct business with the utility via telephone or email. Our general email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our telephone number is 920-898-5776. In lieu of paying your utility bill in person at the NHU office, there are several options for customers to pay their NHU bills:
1) Mail your payment in the envelope provided with your NHU bill.
2) Pace your payment in the drop box located by the sidewalk near City Hall’s south parking lot.
3) Pay online at the NHU website using the “Access My Account” button. A credit card payment is accepted with a fee charged to use this service. NHU does not make any money off of the fee charged.
4) Pay via phone by calling 1-855-430-4685. Please have your account number available to make a payment. Again, a fee is charged for using a credit card with this service.
5) We will still take cash or credit card payments at the NHU office, but please be aware that the processing time will be longer than normal as we implement temporary procedures for handling in-person payments.
In addition to making the temporary changes with bill payments, NHU is also implementing the following temporary changes regarding some of the services provided to customers:
1) All water meter change outs/cross connection surveys are being suspended.
2) No new water softener installations are being processed.
3) Routine water softener maintenance is being suspended temporarily. Staff will come out for emergency situations only.
4) Some energy services work which includes in-person contacts such as energy audits, high bill inquiries, installation verifications, etc. are being temporarily suspended.
5) Unnecessary work which has no impact on service or safety will be pushed back. Staff will still be available to assist with such services as new electric and water service requests or upgrades, sanitary sewer backups (if determined by a plumber that blockage is due to utility infrastructure), electric outages, setting electric meters and others.
NHU will continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 as it is very fluid. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. Please call us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your utility services.